The Fleet Operations Manager serves as the lead member of the Lease Operations Team and the primary customer contact for leased vehicle support over the entire lifecycle from lease inception to termination. This includes onboarding new customers and setting up Vehicle Maintenance Programs, Fuel Card Programs, Vehicle Transfers, Registrations, and Remarketing Leased Vehicles at Lease Termination. Working with our Commercial Transportation Consultants (Sales) team and other members of the Lease Operations Team, the Fleet Operations Manager resolves issues for Customers and Drivers.
Our ideal candidate has a service and leadership mindset who excels in attention to detail, organization, communication, and collaboration, with the ability to utilize technology and computer systems to deliver exceptional customer service. Strong computer systems knowledge, ability to learn and apply new technology and high analytical ability are a requirement for this position. Experience with Lease, Rental, or Dealership operations preferred. Opportunity for career advancement is available in this position.
Fleet Operations Manager Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and Review customer vehicle replacement reports and identify upcoming lease expirations to identify new order opportunities for House Accounts. Send reports to the appropriate customer contact (s) and work with the Purchasing Manager and Sales to enter new vehicle orders.
- Coordinate with Sales Team Members to review vehicle replacement reports with customers and participate in virtual (Teams / Zoom) or in-person meetings as required to help drive new vehicle orders.
- Review new Lease Setup for accuracy and delegate tasks to other members of the Lease Operations Team based on customer program requirements. Verify completion of tasks with team members.
- Work closely with Sales to locate and secure vehicle orders from out-of-stock dealer inventories around the country.
- Remarket off-lease used vehicles and manage the entire disposal lifecycle process from start to finish. Coordinate vehicle pickup and delivery with the appropriate wholesale auctions around the country. Review condition reports and set vehicle floor prices using the online portal. Daily checks and follow-up of vehicles scheduled to be sold. Communicate important milestones and financial data to internal and external stakeholders throughout the process.
- Look for ways to increase efficiencies in the lease operations process and suggest ideas for improvement. Work with other team members to implement process changes.
- Collaborate with Sales to assist with the onboarding of new customers and training customers on the use of our website and Network Vehicle Maintenance Program (NVMP). Fill out new customer setup forms and upload excel inventory templates to populate the system with accurate vehicle inventory data.
- Enter new customer information in NAV ERP System from New Customer Worksheet.
- Work with Sales to train and educate new, prospective, and existing customers on the benefits of the NVMP using Microsoft Teams / Powerpoint.
- Assist with the pickup and delivery of vehicles as needed.
- Prepare lease quotations in Microsoft Dynamics NAV according to customer and company parameters.
- Participate and attend trade shows with Sales to promote Southgate and communicate the features and benefits of our various ancillary programs to assist with the management of their fleet.
- Work with Sales to train and educate new, prospective, and existing customers on the use of the company website portal.
- Prepare Fleet Management reports as requested by Sales Team Members or Customers from Southgate login portal and/or Network E-Plan system.
- Become an expert on the use of the NVMP mobile phone App and train and educate customers and drivers on the features and benefits.
- Create and maintain a library of training videos for customers about the NVMP, Southgate client website portal, and the NVMP mobile phone App. Post training videos to our YouTube and Vimeo channels.
- Approve and coordinate repairs and maintenance with the NVMP as requested.
- Review NVMP monthly invoices and charges to customers in NAV ERP system.
- Run annual customer reports from NVMP to benchmark maintenance expense data cost per mile with industry standards. Send reports to clients and review with Sales to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Follow up as needed with customers/ rivers for monthly and annual personal mileage reporting and review website for entries.
- Export data from NAV for annual mileage reporting and work with Controller to send annual personal mileage reports to customers and drivers.
- Work with Purchasing Manager and Sales to coordinate the transport of vehicles as requested. Post vehicle transportation work orders on Central Dispatch and monitor open orders until they are accepted by the vendor, and the vehicles arrive at their final destination. Enter billing information in the ERP system to appropriately charge customers for transportation costs.
- Assist with Title and Registration for all Leased Vehicles throughout the lease life cycle.
- Address all Driver and Customer Fleet manager questions.
- Coordinate annual Driver and Fleet Manager customer satisfaction surveys with SurveyMonkey to measure the company service levels and identify areas of improvement.
Fleet Operations Manager Responsibilities::
- Vehicle Replacement Reports
- Vehicle Remarketing
- Maintenance Management & Repairs (Southgate and Network Programs)
- New Customer Onboarding
- New Customer Website and Network App Training
- Vehicle Transportation and Storage
- Personal Mileage Reporting (monthly and annual)
- Customer and Driver Satisfaction Surveys
Fleet Operations Manager Additional Responsibilities:
- Assist with monthly customer invoicing process
- Assist Sales team as needed
- Enter miscellaneous customer billing items as needed
- New Business Development
Fleet Operations Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, IT or equivalent work experience is required
- Three to five years’ experience working in operations management or inside sales
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong technology and computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- High analytical ability
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, Powerpoint
- Ability to learn and utilize new technology
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
Fleet Operations Manager Preferred Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge of automobile, fleet management or leasing industry
- Vehicle or equipment remarketing experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year