The Accounting Manager has overall responsibility for the accuracy and timely preparation of the company financial statements and monitoring and entering the daily cash transactions. The Accounting Manager is also the primary liaison with our internal and external Accounting Professionals and has overall responsibility for providing the trial balances, cash flow statements, and any other work papers in support of our Annual Review and Collateral Audits with our lenders. The ideal candidate will have a track record of increasing roles and responsibilities and a desire to grow into the Controller position over a three- to five-year period.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities
- Maintain general ledgers, complete account reconciliations, and assist other Accounting Professionals with the preparation of the monthly financial statements.
- Serve as primary liaison in support of annual audits including banks, state, federal, workman’s comp insurance, or other financial agencies. Coordinate with other internal and external Accounting Professionals to complete any reports and tasks for successful completion of audit.
- Daily monitoring of cash balances and daily entries for cash transactions.
- Run monthly customer invoice batch on the last business day of the month. Add any miscellaneous charges or late fees and re-run invoices if and as needed.
- Respond to customer inquiries about charges on their monthly invoice statement.
- Prepare monthly Excel reports for select customers in support of their invoice.
- Monitor company credit card transactions daily, make appropriate accounting entries for company expenses, and follow up on non-recurring transactions to ensure proper accounting are entered into the Dynamics NAV ERP system.
- Enter and process the bi-monthly payroll on the 15th and last day of the month using i-Solved web-based software.
- Run monthly report and work with internal staff to remit monthly sales & use taxes to the various states where company assets are located.
- Prepare renditions and file Personal Property Taxes in the various states where company assets are located.
- Reconcile monthly bank and credit card statements.
- Maintain state sales tax area jurisdictions in Dynamics NAV and ensure accuracy of tax rates for all jurisdictions. Add new tax areas to the database as needed to support new lease setups and vehicle transfers or driver changes. Update state sales tax rates as needed to comply with state law and tax rate changes.
- Reconcile monthly depreciation of Leased Vehicle Inventory fixed assets. Identify discrepancies from prior months and make any adjustments to the fixed asset G/L if and as required.
- Maintain and keep track of company-owned fixed assets along with depreciation schedules for company-owned vehicles, office furniture & equipment, and website/software & technology applications. Prepare annual personal property tax form for the City of Greenfield.
- Assist with the preparation of fiscal year end reports for Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Tax Preparation, and Miscellaneous Items in support of the annual Financial Review and Federal and State income tax filings (see attached list at the end of the Job Description).
- Prepare Credit Reports for our clients when requested by outside vendors.
- Remit tax and other payments to corresponding states and agencies as directed by outside accounting firm in support of annual tax returns.
- Provide reports and other documentation when bank lending partners perform annual on-site or remote collateral audits.
- Ensure accuracy of all data in the business enterprise system and perform maintenance and system checks as needed for compliance. Create backup Test Database of LIVE system data monthly for ongoing testing and training.
- Investigate user errors in Dynamics NAV and reinforce best practices or implement system changes with the support of outside software developer to prevent future errors.
- Reconcile and authorize monthly bank amortization & interest payments.
- Process monthly T&E reports and make corresponding accounting entries.
- Upload monthly invoice transaction data to company website using .csv file.
- Remit miscellaneous vendor ACH payments and approve ACH template changes as needed.
Accounting Manager Continuous Improvement and Special Projects
- Research and investigate Dynamics NAV in an effort to make better use of the system capabilities and identify opportunities for efficiency improvements.
- Document monthly account closing process.
- ERP System Continuous Improvement. Work with system consultant to complete Dynamics NAV program changes and modifications; database enhancements; and other system maintenance, updates, or creation of new reports.
Accounting Manager Backup Job Responsibilities
- Review monthly lease setups and closeouts. Verify journal entries in Dynamics NAV. Make any correcting journal entries as needed.
- Import monthly WEX fuel transaction data into Dynamics NAV for monthly invoice. Monitor data and perform quality checks to identify outliers and errors.
- Import monthly Network maintenance transaction data into Dynamics NAV for monthly invoice. Monitor data and perform quality checks to identify outliers and errors.
- Upload vehicle inventory data to company website using .csv file.
- Liaison with outside network IT support firm. Communicate with employees regarding scheduled on-site visits and serve as the first line of defense to verify PC issues prior to contacting outside support firm.
- Able to reboot the computer network in the event of a power outage or diagnose issues with internet connectivity.
Accounting Manager Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-7 years of accounting experience with a track record of increasing roles and responsibilities
Accounting Manager Preferred Skills / Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel (use of pivot table and VLookup functions)
- Experience with Dynamics NAV ERP system a plus
- Strong PC skills and use of Office365 Products suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Quick study able to absorb information and learn new software systems
- Excellent organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time (40-50 hours per week)
Pay: Up to $90,000 per year